Sunday 13 October 2013

Let's Go Back and Be Carefree Again!

Let's Go Back and Be Carefree Again!

I was breathing down heavily and almost stumbled over my steps,
As I saw this young couple speeding on their bike and meandering away right past me from a close distance,
A part of me wanted to shout out and give them a good dressing down,
The other part smiled within and murmured, "Young, carefree, love birds."

As I closed my eyes, thanked heavens and gathered courage to start walking again,
I found this uncontrollable urge within to turn around and look in the direction of that fast couple again,
They are fast, so were We,
We zipped past the streets alike on our favourite ride,
A desire to be hugged tight from behind,
Feeling love in every whiff of air,
Lending care to none,
The joys of being carefree though were now gone.



As I get on the stairs of my building,
I hear a newly wed lady shout out, 'How can you forget to get sugar again?'
Dismissing that without much thought, I soon realise my grocery packet has everything but sugar,
It takes me back to our good old days where forgetting sugar had its own old world charm,
Where seeing the eyebrows curve up and scoldings pouring out was surprisingly warm.

As I finish preparing a coffee for myself and settle down to pour it,
My eyes stop over at the lovely couple mug that we drank in,
With much emotion I reach out for the mug,
Holding it seemed like running fingers on her,
The coffee gets cold as the time flies by,
I sit watching the mug with a deep sigh.

As I slip into my night suit and turn to sleep,
I no more find you along side me,
The pillows still smell of your body to me,
And the bedsheet reminds me of the terrible pink you chose for me,
As I gaze at the fan turning over,
The fresh air seems to bring you much closer,
The opposite wall adorns your photograph,
And you continue to smile and look over,
Seeing this, it feels nothing has ever changed,

As I tell ourselves, 'Let's go back and be carefree again

2 comments:

 

Subscribe to our Newsletter

Contact our Support

Email us: Support@templateism.com

Our Team Memebers